The CCA has applied for CEU credits from the NCCAOM, and the following State licensing boards:
Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Missouri , Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Midwest Annual Acupuncture Symposium Sponsored by CCA
Saturday, September 23rd through Sunday, September 24th
DoubleTree O’Hare – Rosemont
5460 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
Hotel Phone Number: 847-292-9100
CCA Symposium Group Rate: $119
Registration fees for the 2017 annual symposium in Chicago are as follows:
Symposium Overview of Events
In a Major Change this year, the CCA Annual Meeting Dinner will be changed from Friday night to Saturday night to better accommodate the schedules of our Doctors. Dinner for the doctors is included for the registration fee. Guests may attend the event for an additional $50 for the dinner.
$50 Fee for additional guest:
This program will benefit both the clinician who already treats children by adding a needleless modality to your acupuncture repertoire, as well as those who have not treated children before, but would like to improve your clinical skillset in that area.
This course is designed to:
- Improve your diagnostic skills by identifying important features that make treating children different than adults
- Learn the use of the small tool set of sho-ni-shin, as taught by Dr. Miki Shima, and its direct application in clinical setting
- Develop treatment plans with sho-ni-shin protocol, acupuncture points and herbal formulas to treat acute disorders, such as respiratory and digestive problems
- Learn long-term management of chronic illness
We are pleased to present our 2017 Annual Midwestern Acupuncture Symposium on September 23-24, 2017. We have 2 dynamic speakers over 2 days which will include lecture, hands-on demonstrations and practical applications.
Dr. Peter Lichtenstein - "From Conception to Beyond Birth"
Dr. Peter Lichtenstein will be presenting a program entitled From Conception to Beyond Birth - Caring for Your Spine and Your Family with Acupuncture Techniques. Dr. Lichtenstein is owner of the New Paltz Acupuncture and Chiropractic Center, where he practices as a chiropractic physician, acupuncturist and herbalist. He also teaches acupuncture for Northwestern Health Science University.
Using the Yin Wei Main In the Treatment of Fertility And Regulating the Menstrual Cycle.
- Practice and statistics of fertility in the United States and Europe.
- Discussion of artificial reproductive techniques
- Western and Eastern Approaches to Understanding the Menstrual Cycle
- The difference between the primary vessels and the extraordinary vessels.
- An examination of Li Zhi Zhen work into the extraordinary vessels.
- Combining the Eastern and Western Approaches to Fertility and understanding the role of the extraordinary vessels
- Understanding the use of the Yin Wei and yang Wei Mai channels and how to use them in the treatment of fertility
- Introduction to Polarity and its use in Fertility
- Demonstration and group practice
- Herbal usage and the usage and control of basal body temperature in improving fertility
Dr. Soma Glick - "Treating Children With Oriental Medicine"
Our second speaker, Dr. Soma Glick will be presenting a program on Treating Children With Oriental Medicine. Dr. Glick holds licenses in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and Massage Therapy. She studied acupuncture at the Beijing College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and the Institute of Traditional Medicine of Hochiminh City. In addition to private practice, she teaches acupuncture for the Southwest Acupuncture College in Boulder, CO.
Treating Children With Oriental Medicine
- Embryology and the 5-element cycle in children’s development. Causes of disease. Diagnosing children, learning visual and palpation skills
- Special factors and basic differences between children and adults. Classification of main constitutional types. Acupuncture protocol and herbal formulas for each type.
- Qi-gong sequence of joint opening exercises, tapping and brushing moves for each participant to experience the shonishin on themselves
- Presenting sho-ni-shin tools and method; demonstration of sho-ni-shin on a participant, followed by practical applications
- Overview of respiratory and digestive disorders
- Acupuncture, sho-ni-shin protocols, herbal formulas